Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Food safe glue followup

Morris Dovey wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:

I have no idea what type of wood it is

Walnut.

I think you're right, but whatever, this knife set has been through the
mill for more than 35 years. Not too much has survived all these years.

We bought a 100 year old round oak table at a house auction that I
refinished and it seats 12 with all the boards in. Wife paid $100 for
that which I complained about... boy was I dumb...

We bought a used set of Sears oak bedroom furniture from a guy that was
obviously and admittedly selling while his recent X was at work, still
in good shape...
and all my early 50's Rockwell Delta big iron stationary tools, in about
brand new condition (worlds biggest gloat, everyone would hate me if I
were to tell that tale). Not much else I can think of is still around,
other than us, and we are starting to wear around the edges...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com