Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Concrete machine tools

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm just looking for a show of hands to see how many might be interested.

I'm interested. I have a CNC (woodworking) router which started life as
a kit cheap enough that I could buy it, but which therefore has more
flimsiness than I'd like - structurally similar to a (metalworking-type
elderly) planer, and it might be that if I could find a planer that
hadn't hit the junk bin, that would be the better starting point, but
flinging something together from scratch has some appeal, if it can be
done without breaking the bank, particularly considering that most
planers have probably already been sent to China and melted down...

OTOH, Anyone with a planer (or shaper, for that matter) to part with in
reach of SW Vermont, let's talk...