Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Concrete machine tools

Twenty-five years ago I got very interested in concrete and polymer-matrix
machine tools, and studied the hell out of them for a while, but never did a
darned thing about it. I'm wondering if there is enough interest among
hobbyists to try to get a discussion group or something like that going.

There are a lot of routes that might be taken -- post-tensioned,
ferrocement, polymer-modified, fiber-reinforced, not to mention
polymer-matrix machines -- and there is room for a lot of experimentation on
such things as aligning spindles, embedding bedways, and so on. A lot of the
testing and experimenting can be done on the cheap. All it takes is time. I
don't have the time to do it all myself but I'd like to see something come
of it.

Is anyone interested? And for you guys who are more web-savvy than I am,
suggestions for a way to upload and display photos and drawings?

I'm just looking for a show of hands to see how many might be interested.

--
Ed Huntress