Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Update on welding with implanted defibrillator

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:20:42 -0600, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:40:05 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

I was bummed last night, sorry about the ohpoorme rant. Maybe I should
write a country western song? "The TIG I love so dear done
mule-kicked me in the hawrt..." May need a bit of work...

Must you understate things so?

--major snippage--

I need the doc to get with the program. I need a doc that'll work
with me and the device supplier on this. Three major suppliers
(Medtronic, St. Jude and Boston Scientific) are here in the cities so
I don't think I'm asking anything unreasonable.

Candidly ask the doctor how much he's going to make for spending X
hours installing that ICD. Ask him if he would consider taking the
time to actually learn more about parameter adjustments of said device
because you're -damned- sure going to be welding after having it
installed.

If he balks at all, ask him squarely "Do you want to make the money on
this operation or should I find a more cooperative physician?" So
many doctors are in the biz solely for the money (and
recognition/fame) that you'll either find out his true motivation or
you'll knock some humanity into the poor soul.

I still can't believe that those turkeys no longer have to take the
Hippocratic oath.

TBD how I'm gonna get that done. I'll have some help from my
pardner. She can be quite effective in her quiet way. I like that
about her.

Hugs to Mary and a manly hug to you, Don. G'luck in your quest.
And may no mules kick you in the hawrt.

--
A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all
impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and