Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Garage roof replacement

HI Neil

Neil wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
HI

Buzby wrote:
It's new roof time for ther garage - the concrete sheets have had it
and it's leaking like a sieve.

It's a gently sloping roof approx 33 x 15 foot - I was thinking
possibly of a box section metal roofing for this but apparently they
'sweat' and drip?

I'm doing a similar thing out here in Ireland - the supplier poited me at
a special type of box section called 'Condri' - which is apparently a
fabric applied to the underside of the box section

http://www.tegral.ie/metalforming/p-ai-condri.asp

It adds about 30% to the cost of the sheeting - but if it saves everything
from getting dripped on then it's worth it...

Yes, that's true - I can vouch for it's effectiveness. It's like a flock
coating on the underside. I have it on a steel profile sheet roof and have
never had a drip off it over two winters. When we fitted it we were
advised to strip the coating back about 100mm from the ends of the sheets at
the eaves so that any water dripping over the edge of the sheet wouldn't get
absorbed into the coating and creep back up.

You can read about it here
http://www.planwell.co.uk/roofing/products/permadri.php

Ah - that's interesting - thanks.....
My project is just a little sort of 'lean-to' on the end of a 12' x 24'
timber shed / studio. It'll cover up the rather ugly/exposed well-head &
associated electrickery, and give me somewhere to store the heavyweight
market stall equipment & the ride-on mower - thus releasing some space
in the other (Yardmaster) tin shed so there's somewhere to work and
store 'stuff'. Ain't life complicated ? g

Did the magic coating just peel off ? Stanley knife across the sheeting
& then tug ? g

Thanks
Adrian