Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Stick on LED lights with light sensor?

In message , chris French
writes
In message , Clint Sharp
writes
In message , Geo
writes
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:40:05 +0000, chris French
wrote:

But I ones that I have turn on would just annoy. I'm looking for some
that have a built in light/dawn-dusk sensor so will turn themselves on.

Um - so they turn on when it is dark or light?
If when it is dark, then it will be on all the time the door is
closed (unless
it sees its own light in which case it switches off and then it gets
dark agin
so...)
If it turns on when you open the door and let some light in then it
will see its
own light and stay on...
You can buy them with a door switch (magnet) built in I think.

My mum just bought one with a PIR or some similar sort of sensor, tiny
little thing that she's put over the front door. It works very well,
if interested I can ask if she still has the packaging or
instructions...

I'm interested yes.

Well, been looking more, still haven't found any with the light sensor,
but, seem to be plenty with PIR, so will probably try those.
--
Chris French