Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Hall[_3_] Jim Hall[_3_] is offline

Default Woodpeckers?

We have woodpeckers here too, but so far not pecking on my siding, only
fences. A couple of ideas come to mind though.. Amazon sells a battery
operate motion detecting rainbird sprinkler you might be able to aim at the
area so they get a good soaking. The other is maybe to just put some of the
black bird netting you get at the nursery in the area where they're pecking
to block them..

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

My shop has become a target for woodpeckers and I'm fighting having them
burrowing holes in the siding. This isn't just a small inconvenience, it
is becoming a major damage issue. Has anybody found something (besides
shooting them -- not wanting to try that method to start) to get rid of
them. My folks found the following: http://www.kabatape.com but it's
mighty spendy. I suppose I could try real electrical fencing to
accomplish
the same thing by running the hot and a ground wire in close proximity.

Any experience or ideas would be welcome.