JackD

Default using trex as decking in treehouse?

It is 49 square feet. So figure it weighs about 500 lbs vs maybe 200-250 for
dry redwood.
Not a huge deal for a small structure like this, but maybe so for a big
deck.

-Jack

"Swingman" wrote in message
news.com...
It's also a whole lot heavier, so the OP needs to take the extra weight

into
account in his structural plans.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

Sounds reasonable. It is a bit more flexible than wood so take that into
account when supporting it.

Also, since the treehouse is 7' square, I think that I will need to
buy 16' lengths since Trex doesn't come in 8' lengths, and neither 12'
nor 20' lengths are practical for this purpose.

Is Trex easy to cut with a circular saw? What about with a decent
hand saw?

Cuts and works easily using common power tools. I didn't try a handsaw,

but
I think that it might take a bit more work than usual - I may be wrong

about
that though.

Any other suggestion for suitable materials which might be cheaper?

I've been thinking of doing the same thing with it as the flooring as it

is
splinter free.
I'm also planning to avoid PT wood except perhaps for posts.

-Jack