Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30863 Ignoramus30863 is offline

Default OT - Buying a Spotting Scope

On 2009-01-13, Jim Stewart wrote:
So I went to the range on Sunday to sight in my
new rifle. I found that without a spotting scope,
I would have to wait 30-40 minutes to go downrange
and look at my target. So I have to buy a scope.

It looks like there's three choices. A no-name
$60-$100 scope, a Bushnell Spacemaster for $300,
or a name brand Nikon/Pentax/Leopold for $400.

The scope will be used for casual shooting at 100
yards, 30 caliber bullets.

Can you see bullet holes through your rifle scope?

Have you tried those targets that have special coating to better show
where bullets impacted?

I cannot say anything meaningful about spotting scopes, but will be
reading this thread with interest.

I don't want to spend more than $400 and I'd like
to get off considerably cheaper if possible.

Any recommendations?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/