Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default OT Totally, and a little bit rude... The side effects of fixing empty buildings...

"Brass Monkey" wrote in message

"Tim S" wrote in message
ARWadsworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

"Tim S" wrote in message
... is that TV Licensing cannot cope with the concept that you don't
need
licence when you don't have any TV apparatus.

Long story short - told them the situation by phone and in writing.
Still
get reminders each month.

But this one really p*ssed me off;

http://www.dionic.net/tv/OfficialWarning.jpeg

[address redacted so pikeys don't raid my house hoping for tools, which
there aren't...]

So I sent them this:

(very very unsuitable for work and kids)

http://www.dionic.net/tv/Reply.jpeg

Won't do any good - but I needed some ventilation in the spleen area.

I'm normally such a reasonable person (ha!)

Cheers

Tim

PS

Am I going to prision now?

http://www.bbctvlicence.com/index.htm

will show every letter you will receive.

Most of those look vaguely familiar...

I saved 12 months worth of letters from the TVLA and wrote on them using
big marker pen "UNWANTED JUNK MAIL RETURN TO SENDER" I then posted all
12
into a postbox. Every letter was sent back unopened and I wrote sarcasic
comments against the "Notice of impending action", "Action Required
Immediately"
I also included in this postbox frenzy a reply form from a TVLA
investigator that actually had the cheek to call at my house when I was
at
work. This was my first step to free contact with the TVLA *******s as
they gave me a prepaid envelope. I drew a knob on it and told them to
suck
it.

Nice move

I did receive a letter asking me not to return the unopened letters and
now have been removed from their mail list. As they (TVLA) do not know
my
name they claim that they can still send someone round. I did write back
and ask them to "bring it on" but no one has called back.

The Legal Occupier AKA Adam

Yes, they've sent me a few, also.

I virtually copied their letter and replied with -

ACTION REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY

IMPORTANT: Please respond to this letter by January 2009 to avoid your
details being passed on to the BBC, any form(s) of Watchdog or anyone else
I can think of who might be interested.

Your database lists these addresses as unlicensed. It is important you
realise that both premises are currently vacant. It is also important you
realise that I have already attended to the TV licensing for BOTH
properties around 6 weeks ago. Perhaps you might check your records before
'banging-off' standard nasty letters?

We still own the properties and they are both empty.

I repeat

WE STILL OWN THE PROPERTIES AND THEY ARE BOTH EMPTY.

It is even more important that you realise that the tone of your
communication is extremely rude, condescending and downright unacceptable.
Please feel free to send your 'Enforcement Division' to the properties,
maybe you might find us sitting in the dark, on orange boxes watching
illegal TV.

The tone of your letters might cause one of two effects, either -

A fraudulent, non-paying viewer will be frightened for their life (don't
make me laugh)

or

A fully-paid-up legitimate viewer (such as myself) will become EXTREMELY
annoyed.

It would appear that your organization couldn't organise a ****-up in a
brewery.

I should add, i've yet to receive a reply.