Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT Totally, and a little bit rude... The side effects of fixingempty buildings...

Tim S wrote:

Long story short - told them the situation by phone and in writing. Still
get reminders each month.

You have my sympathies, I experienced this twice in recent times... no
amount of telling the buggers seems to serve any purpose. In the end I
found that dropping them straight into the bin was the most effective
and least irritating way of dealing with them.

But this one really p*ssed me off;

http://www.dionic.net/tv/OfficialWarning.jpeg

Usual fare, the presumption of guilt, and lots of non specific threats...

So I sent them this:

(very very unsuitable for work and kids)

http://www.dionic.net/tv/Reply.jpeg

LoL!

I thought my last attempt before giving up in disgust was reasonably
sarky, but I like your's better!

got a copy somewhere... oh yes:

"Sent via email 30/11/06 – reference number : EM0002445143

Dear Sir,

my mothers property at [redacted]

As you seem keen to point out on a frequent basis, the above mentioned
property is unlicensed. By way of clarification I would like to point
out that this is not an oversight, and it is by intention.

The reason for this is that (as I explained before in my letter of 2nd
March 2006) due to my mothers poor health, the property is currently
unoccupied. It is now highly probable the property will remain
unoccupied until it is sold.

I would appreciate it if you could therefore desist in sending further
letters.

I would also like to take this opportunity to register my complaint as
to the tone and style of the letters that you have sent. In particular
the language seems designed to intimidate and harass, and would be
perceived by many as threatening.

Yours faithfully,"

etc.

Got a stock reply "we have updated our records and should not contact
you again for 3 months, however after that bla, bla". 1 week later, more
snottygrammes.

Had the same happen when I moved out of the last place (I was planning
some refurb prior to selling it) - transferred the license here (via
their web site that delightfully requests that you tell them within 14
days of moving into your new address, and has validation on the data
entry form that prevents entering any moving date that is not at least
three weeks into the future!

I then just binned all the letters.

--
Cheers,