Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default OT Totally, and a little bit rude... The side effects of fixing empty buildings...

"Tim S" wrote in message
... is that TV Licensing cannot cope with the concept that you don't need
licence when you don't have any TV apparatus.

Long story short - told them the situation by phone and in writing. Still
get reminders each month.

But this one really p*ssed me off;

http://www.dionic.net/tv/OfficialWarning.jpeg

[address redacted so pikeys don't raid my house hoping for tools, which
there aren't...]

So I sent them this:

(very very unsuitable for work and kids)

http://www.dionic.net/tv/Reply.jpeg

Won't do any good - but I needed some ventilation in the spleen area.

You're right it won't do any good. I think the only thing that briefly stops
them sending their ****ty letters out is having one of their plebs visit and
confirm there's no tv but they'll start sending the letters again a few
months later in case you've bought one since. I haven't had a tv license for
about five or six years now. I didn't renew it immediately one year as the
tv had broken and I bought a new one a few months later after I got the tv
fixed. Then the swines sent me a letter saying they'd backdated the new
license to when the old one ran out hence losing me the cost of the months I
hadn't needed one for. I said to myself that's the last time the pricks get
any of my money and it has been. They send a standard ****ty letter about
once every six weeks and a recorded delivery one so they can get a signature
from the occupant about once a year but so far none of their plebs have come
round. I'm hoping one will eventually so I can tell him he's a private
individual with no rights of access who's trespassing now so **** off
because there's something on the telly I want to watch.

The ONLY way you can get done for not having a license is let one of them
inside to get the evidence which you have absolutely no need to do unless
they have a warrant which they never will. It costs them too much. Basically
it's a voluntary tax which I've decided I can manage quite happily without
paying.
--
Dave Baker

PS - if it went to court the thing on the telly I wanted to watch was either
1) My goldfish, cos that's where his bowl is, because he's been looking a
bit off colour recently.
or
2) A pre-recorded tape or dvd which you don't need a license for anyway.