Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Most effective grease removal from clothes?

In article , "Evelyn" wrote:

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "Evelyn"
wrote:

"GregS" wrote in message
.. .
In article , "Evelyn"
wrote:

"Gary Heston" wrote in message
news:d5qdnSc8upfsjvfUnZ2dnUVZ_hidnZ2d@posted. hiwaay2...
In article
,
brassplyer wrote:
Grease stains seem to be really tenacious. Thinking primarily
petroleum-based grease - automotive etc. Anyone found a product or
combination of products a/or methods that's really effective getting
it out without damaging the cloth?

The white gel-type hand cleaners work very well; available at just
about
any auto parts store for $0.50 or $1.00 per tub. I keep a tub next to
the
laundry supplies in my utility room for this very purpose.

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

"Behind every successful woman there is an astonished man"
General of the Army (four stars) Ann Dunwoody

Go into the hardware store and ask for "Goo Gone." I use it on greasy
stains in the laundry, or on that gummy stuff that holds labels, or on
grease spots anywhere. I have actually used it safely on a silk
shirt.
I keep a bottle of it in the laundry room, and hubby has one in the
garage.
Great stuff. Squirt it on the stain, then wash as usual. Preferably
with
rather warm water.

Similar action, WD-40 will soften up the smudge, then use lots
of hot soap to remove.

greg

I squirt it on the stain then throw the garment into the washer. It
never
needs a second treatment. Been using Goo gone for probably over 15 years
now with great results.

I was just picking up a tube of hand cleaner yesterday. Its always missing
when you need it.
I was going to say, most hand cleaners designed for the garage mechanic
should also work pretty good.

greg

Could be, but they contain pumice which isn't good for fabrics.

I don't think this stuff has much or any pumice. there are instructions..
http://www.goophandcleaner.com/uses_v2.html

greg