Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem with 4 yr old Whirlpool Refridgerator

If the compressor is running "continuously", you don't need
a hard start kit.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 7:05 pm, "Colbyt"
wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

On Jan 12, 6:02 am, Phil Again
wrote:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com
(I am just using their site as example, there are other
sites that sell
discount appliance parts.)

You did not mention the "I could hear a tick-tick-tick-
sound and apparently
that is a clue
that the relay may not be working. "

in your initial post.

I concur that the starter unit is all you need.

--
Colbyt

Well thank you as well! That only confirms the
diagnosis.......
Steve

I did order the part from that appliancepartspros.com place
but
something sort of curious about it was they had the relay
for about
$20 if you had already replaced the part in the past but if
the part
you were replacing was original you had to get one that cost
about
$38??? So that is the one the sales guy said that I
needed..... Hope
I got the right part.....