Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Heating in living room very uneven and uncomfortable in winter

On Jan 12, 2:04*pm, "Autumn" wrote:
This might very well be a lot of the problem. I did not think to mention
that we have an electronic thermostat that I have set to go to 58 in the
daytime when we are at work. I have it turn itself up an hour before we get
home. I will play with this and see if an hour earlier (or more) might help.
I never thought of this. The pantry and coat closet probably remain at 58
even after the heat increases for the evening and we sit against the wall
they are behind. Of course they have no heat in them, only what warms it
from the hall, dining room and the living room.

Thank you,

Autumn

Cold walls, floor, or ceiling can make a room uncomfortable even with
comfortable air temperature. *I once lived in a small uninsulated
apartment near Cape Cod and it was often very chilly with the air
temperature at 80 degrees. Heat will radiate from your body to the cold
surface. Do not allow the room to get too cold when unoccupied or it will
take a long time to warm up all the furnishings and surfaces. Check them
with an infrared thermometer or by feeling. Insulated drapes would likely
help quite a bit.

Don Young- Hide quoted text -

You get home and sit in a cold chair, of course you are cold the
furniture and wall might take 6 hrs to heat up. Do a 1f setback and
put fan to On. You dont save as much as you think with the setback.