Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Can someone identify this NTSC video (CRT) monitor problem? Is it simple?

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:02:33 -0800 (PST), "
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello all.. I have a monitor that allows viewing of the retrace and
overscan periods, so I somewhat fond of it. However, it consistently
displays this symptom:

I've been going by the canonical repair faq.. and reading through it
for the umpteenth time I discovered a mention of "vertical foldover."
I hadn't seen that before. Is this what's going on in that photo?

That's one common symptom of bad caps, another is vertical
non-linearity. You may also see retrace lines and/or digital teletext
data (lines of dots) during the vertical retrace interval.

If you can identify the vertical output IC, then you may find an
application circuit in its datasheet.

You can search for datasheets he
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/

- Franc Zabkar