Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default Food safe glue followup

"Leon" wrote in message
news

"Ed Edelenbos" wrote in message

Yes, polyurethane glue. I think the significant factor in the previous
discussion was water*proof*. I don't trust Titebond (type 1, 2, or 3) to
go through the dishwasher.

Ed

I really don't think I would trust any wood to go through the dish washer.
It is bound to swell, shrink, and eventually split. the glue will
probably be only 1 of the problems going on inside a dishwasher.

I'll buy that. But in my experience, woodworkers don't load all the
dishwashers in the world. I'm going to assume the worst and go for the best
glue going. (grin)

I've used Gorilla glue for a couple small boats I've made. The glue joints
never fail. The paint does and then the wood does but that glue will hold
those broken pieces of wood together forever.

I wouldn't use it for every job but where I expect immersion in water, it is
generally my choice. It's good to know that it is safe for kitchen use.

Ed