Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rob Morden Rob Morden is offline

Default Update on welding with implanted defibrillator

Don,

I sympathize with your loss. Fortunately I haven't gotten there yet
but I'm getting to where I understand where you are. Seems like only
yesterday I was indestructible and could do anything I wanted, now my
back is screwed and I can't see like I used to by any stretch. I
think you have a few decades on my too so in that way I envy you.
Frankly I'm not all that good of a welder but I have had some that
come out beautiful.

Everybody else,
For the fellows suggesting bolts and taps. When was the last time you
finished a project and looked at it and said "Damn that looks like a
mighty fine bolt". A bolt is a bolt, a good weld is a work of art - a
reduction in the entropy of the cosmos - something that makes you feel
warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm sure Don will carry on making things of utility and beauty but
let's grieve with him for this loss, not just for him but for all of
us who truly love these things we do and are going to be there someday
too.

rem