Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default QC30 holders

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:27:13 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley
in . 3.70:

I've got a fair selection (about twenty) QC-30 holders with my

'new' BP
Series-1, but I'm interested in sourcing more in the future.

So far, I find a fair bit of CAT-40 stuff, but virtually no 30-taper
holders.

Any good ideas?

LLoyd

Duh... never mind. It never crossed my fingertips to look for NMTB30
holders.

(It's that 'bout-60 dumb creepin' in)

LLoyd

IRRC...Jon Anderson on alt.machines.cnc had some 30 taper stuff for
sale.

Btw...you can use both Cat and BMT 30 taper tooling in a NMTB30 taper
spindle. But you will need to make another longer drawbolt, and it
will be a differnt thread. But I mix and match on my NMTB 30 Gorton
Master mill all the time. And its a hell of a lot easier finding Cat
or BMT collet holders than NMTB collet holders

Gunner