Mike Ring

Default Which Garage Door Lubricant?

(Andy) wrote in
om:

Which is the best stuff to use to lubricate an up-and-over garage
door? I have steel runners up each side, nylon (?) wheels and a
bloody great spring across the top. The door opens very unevenly and
there seems to be a lot of black streaky stuff on the runners. Can I
just use the normal 3in1, WD40 etc, or is there something better?

Thanx.

Andy.

Pretty well, I use motorcycle chain lube.
If you know a greaser borrow a squirt
But be aware the sring twists, so each coil needs lubricating against the
one next to it.
If the wheels are in good nick - no flats - then you shouldn't need to
lubricate except just at the bearings.

I don't think WD40 is persistent enough

Mike R