Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] bignose@stories.com is offline

Default Wood Burning Stoves - am I doing something wrong?

I forgot to include:

The pile of wood that I have used in the last six weeks was 6ft tall,
6ft wide and 15ft long. This was not a neat cut pile - it was a tangle
of 6ft length 7" diameter logs and lots of smaller branches etc (all
Confier), but it was all chainsawed to fit and then burnt. Initially I
thought it looked like 3 years worth! based on my previous experience,
but at that time I had never run the stove overnight, but had read
that lots of people do, so I am now assuming that those people that
damp down and run overnight have a more than plentiful supply!!!!!

Kev.