Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default It's official, coupons ran out: was The year we lose our TV signals

In article
,
N8N wrote:

On Jan 9, 9:41*am, Larry Caldwell
wrote:
In article ,
(Jim Yanik) says...

Smitty Two wrote in
news

As far as the "coupon expiring" snivellers, if you can't afford a $50
gadget without the gummint helping you, you're a pathetic loser.

Many older people are on fixed incomes that barely meet their present
needs,some have to decide between food and necessary meds.
TV may be their only entertainment,too.

I'm SURE they are not "snivellers" nor "pathetic losers".
OTOH,you sure sound like a fine piece of work.

It is quite possible to be a pathetic loser for your whole life. *The
world is full of people who are ending their life in poverty because
they would rather buy a beer and cigarettes than save their money. *It
was their choice, now they get to die with it. *

Given the current economic climate, it's entirely possible that
someone who'd prudently saved and invested their entire life planning
for a comfortable retirement beginning, oh, about now could suddenly
find themselves in a situation where they either keep working until
the economy picks back up or retire on 60% or less of the income that
they'd planned for.

nate

Agreed. And even then, having to pony up fifty dollars for a gadget
wouldn't put them on the soup line.