Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default I'd like some exciting drill bits

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Smitty Two wrote in
news
In article
nternetservicesprovid
e inc,
"Don Young" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I
dont want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on
the job. Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and
possibly even exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

Get some triangle bits. They drill triangle holes.

Sounds as goofy as drilling square holes. Square holes are easily
drilled in wood.
Sounds goofy but there is actually a drill system which will drill
triangular or square holes in metal. It uses a guide and a bit with
one flute less than the number of sides desired. Can't think of the
name of it right now. A hand-held regular drill bit will sometimes
drill a somewhat triangular hole that the round shank will not pass
thru, especially in thin metal.

Yer right, it does sound goofy. I guess you don't have a link since
you can't scare up the name of it.

As always, just Google it. Using

table saw jig circle

popped some hits.

Pay some goddamn attention. I'm not referring to, nor did I reply to,
the "table saw jig circle" issue.