Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default pictures of my stuff

Hey Tom... if you are still out there...

Liked you pics! Looks like you are doing a lot of different projects
- a man after my own heart. I was really impressed with three things,
in no particular order.

The shop-built molding cutter. Wow. That my friend is taking the
project pretty damn serious. No one I know would do that, and I do
this stuff for a living!

Like the butter mold. I haven't ever seen one, but I like all the
features including the carvings, etc., that would give the butter
relief when cooled.

I thought the round boxes were pretty neat, too. I like the design,
but I have to say, when I saw them all I could think was dice cups.
At 3" in diameter, how perfect could they be? I liked the profiles -
I am tired looking at the plain, straight edged stuff.

A question though on the boxes. When I enlarged the the pics, it
looked like there was a white substance in the pores of the walnut.
Was that lighting? Was there something in there from finishing or
polishing?

I like the fact that your work is practical as well as quite nice to
look at. While I appreciate the effort from the woodturning
community, I am tired of looking at pieces of wood "art". I like
things that serve a purpose.

Thanks for the post.

Robert