Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default What is the correct fuse rating to cope this lot?!?

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:05:55 +0000 someone who may be Cordless Crazy
wrote this:-

Am installing a new Aqualisa Digital shower and it calls to be protected
by a 3A fuse.

You don't say what the load of this is.

Simple enough you may say, but I am also having the same switch isolate
2No downlighters in the shower and 2 mirror demisting pads. I have
installed a fused switched spur outside the bathroom which will supply
all of the above via a pull cord switch in the bathroom, the idea being
that I know when the mirror pads/shower supplyis on by simply seeing the
lights on in the shower!!

My question is: does the fuse need to be bigger to cater for the extra
load?

Requirements as follows:

2No. 35w downlighters
1No. large mirror pad 100w
1No. small mirror pad 25w

If I was doing this I might well provide 3A fuses for the shower,
mirror pads and each downlighter. Then they might discriminate with
the 13A fuse I would put in the connection unit.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh