Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] man@privacy.net[_2_] is offline

Default What is this hand tool? Link to photo within.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:51:51 -0600, "Steve Barker"
wrote:

:Is this a test? Or do you not know?
:
:This tool is used to twist the tie wires used to tie rebar together. The
:tie wires come with loops on each end, they are wrapped around the
:intersection of two re-bars, then the tool inserted in the loops and spun
:with a twist of the wrist.
:
:I'll see if i can find a pic of the operation of said tool.
:
:steve

That's cool, no I can envision it. Thanks. Makes total sense, and no, I
wasn't putting you on, I didn't have a clue. I asked a friend who I
think now should have known. He's owned two houses and done a ton of
work on each, including doing a foundation job on one, including pouring
concrete for a basement. He told me he loves to work with concrete, too.
I guess he did his ties without the benefit of this tool.

Dan
:
:
:"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
.. .
:I found this somewhere, probably in a residential street. What is this?
: The metal _hook_ is steel and swivels VERY freely in the plastic handle.
:
: http://www.fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&...ile=To ol.jpg
:
: Dan