Posted to alt.home.repair
clot clot is offline

Default Why street lights on all night?

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
"Clot" wrote:

A society that no longer grows will collapse and be gone.

I'm not sure that I can understand this comment.

I can't help you there, sorry.

Why not just replacement?
Or, perhaps a minor reduction in population?

Zero population growth or, worse, "negative growth" (declining,
overall population) is the harbinger of the collapse of a society.
It is historically well documented.

Interesting comment. I believe that France and Italy are experiencing static
populations and Europe as a whole has significantly lower population growth
than in the past. Japan, I believe is also experiencing an ageing
population. All of which are countries "that had their day" and therefore in
"relative decline". I do appreciate your comments, though the demise of
China, Egypt, Rome and Greece historically does not require more recent
dynasties to collapse either to a major extent or at all.