Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Jack Hunt Jack Hunt is offline

Default DTV related accidents and deaths

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:01:07 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

http://www.fcc.gov/dtv/markets/maps_...tsburgh_PA.pdf

THE MAP

So have you checked to see if this map is accurate or are you just playing the
lemming and accepting it at face value? I tested my map and found that it's
wrong. I have much better reception than they say I do. It's not hard to find
my place on the Knoxville. Look between the dashed and the solid line, or just
outside any of the lines. I'm not supposed to get much of anything.

I actually witnessed the testing that went into these maps. Last summer a van
carrying a couple of Japanese guys stopped at my campground. They threw out a
tripod with a small UHF antenna on it and took readings for a total of about 5
minutes. Never tried swinging the antenna around, just filled in the blanks on
their survey sheet and started packing up. I asked what they were doing and
they said "TV signal test" and that was about all the English they knew.

You're going to have to compare actual reception on analog and on digital and
document loss of signal. Nobody is going to give you any sympathy based on
theoretical maps.

I'm betting you'll gain some overall channels. Go ahead, hook it up and prove
me wrong.

--
Jack