Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry C Larry C is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

wrote in message
On Jan 12, 1:48 pm, "Upscale" wrote:
wrote in message
I've installed 37 4 foot 2 bulb fluorescent fixtures in
my basement. About $20 each from Menards.

That's a whole lot of fixtures and light bulbs. Do the street lights in
your
neighbourhood dim when you turn on your basement lights? How big *is* your
basement?

I like light. 1200 square feet. Approximately two rectangular rooms
of 600 sq ft each. Six rows of three light fixtures each. With
another one light behind the staircase. White painted walls and white
painted floor.

A 1200 sq ft shop! That's huge! It would take me over a month to fill that
size shop with half finished projects, cutoffs, new stock, old stock, half
refurbed equipment, coffee cups, etc.

You are lucky.

Larry C