Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rural broadband speeds

Peter Scott wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Don't quite follow the last point. I don't see how I benefit from
cities. Did you mean by not having lots of houses?

You benefit from civilization.
There wouldn't be any broadband, etc if it weren't for cities as there
wouldn't be any civilization to develop them.

Sorry to add yet another comment but...

Someone just pointed out to me that the cities did not develop at all
until technological developments in the country enabled fewer people on
the farms to feed the growing city populations. So civilisation started
in the country (and some would say has remained there). Don't believe
me, just read a history book.

Peter Scott

cities were always parasitic on the countryside until a brief period in
industrial times when they actually manufactured something useful.

Now they are more or less open prisons for the uncivilised.