Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Dunsley/Baker neutraliser

In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

An initial reaction is concern at the number of additional pumps! I
find my existing system, run all year on demand, needs a new pump
every 6 years. Currently I am changing to the adaptive version in the
hope of quieter operation near control temperature and better pump life.

A good pump should last 10 years minium if fitted properly. Cheap pumps
dop't last.

Huh! These are Grundfoss and far from cheap.

These do bespoke stainless steel versions.
http://www.advanceappliances.co.uk/g...e_systems.html

I'll have a closer look when I have more time. An initial reaction is
that a simple neutraliser and associated controls is likely to be
much cheaper as a retro-fit. Where was your system when we were
making decisions in 1994?

There were there. By fitting one now, or converting the existing
cylinder which is a cheap way, you instantly get a state-of-the-art
system and bang up to date. The benefits are immense. Do not
underestimate the buffer effect for CH, of a heat bank. A Dunsley is
not cheap and does little. The DHW was taken off via an immersed coil.
Look at the Navitron web site and forum. They have many there who use
solar panels and solid fuel with heat banks.
http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php
Type the words, heat bank, into the search and lots comes up.

OK. At some future stage we may want to let the main farmhouse so I am
anxious to keep the heating system understandable.

regards

--
Tim Lamb