Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Rural broadband speeds

"Peter Scott" wrote in message

You benefit from civilization.
There wouldn't be any broadband, etc if it weren't for cities as there
wouldn't be any civilization to develop them.

Hee hee! So we're all woad-painted savages here are we? Just scratching,
and waiting with sagging, drooling jaws for civilisation to arrive from
the cities? I think not. What on earth makes you think that technological
development comes from cities?

It comes from having a big enough population to develop stuff.
You can't get a big population in rural surroundings.

If you want the facts remember it costs more to provide you with every
service.
That includes schools, transport, fire, police, ambulance, phones and
everything else you want to name.

That's odd because the actual spend on these services is lower in country
areas.

Not per person it isn't.