Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

-MIKE- wrote:
Hoosierpopi wrote:
If they have changed the packaging (they do from time to time to
frustrate such returns), just buy a new one, slip the old one in the
new box and return that one.

They (retailers) know that a significant percentage of this Chinese
stuff newer saw a QC test and count on the customer to accept the
premature failure and buy a new one while calculating a higher
"Returns & Allowances" factor in determining their "Markup." to
account for the high crap rates.

Otherwise known as theft.

Yeah, but they're screwing us over by selling us this Chinese junk so
it's ok...

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/