BigWallop

Default DIY damp injection

"JK" wrote in message
Part of my flat always feels colder and damper than the rest. It has no
cavity in the walls and they always feel cold. I don't have any rising
damp, but there was some penetrating damp last year until I discovered

where
it came from, and the walls pretty much dried out. But it still feels

sort
of clammy in there. I was wondering about hiring the kit and injecting

the
walls with that fluid (whatever it is). Would it likely help, or should I
forget the idea?

Thanks

John

Forget the idea. The injection damp course will not insulate the wall.
Because there is no cavity, the wall is leaking heat out and allowing cold
in, so your best idea would be to dry line the interior and install some
foam insulation. This should increase the heat retaining properties of the
wall and stop it feeling so clammy.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com