Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:38:48 -0500, Highland Pairos cast forth these pearls
of wisdom...:

What is the purpose of the 1" spacer?

SteveP.

"spaco" wrote in message
.. .
But I still didn't want the lamps in the way if I'm standing up an 8 foot
sheet of something, so instead of the chains that hold the fixtures up, I
screwed them right to the ceiling (with a 1" spacer).

This set up works quite well.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

mark wrote:
Greetings All,
I have a basement which has just a couple of 48" flourescents right now.
I need to add more lighting and was looking at replacing the flourescents
with something else brighter. Since the machine layout will be in flux
for a while, ceiling cans are out. Besides, my local code requires
conduit everywhere, and I'm not going thru that for ceiling cans. I was
at the borg and picked up a couple of GE 24" halogen fixtures, thnking
they would be nice and bright. I was dead wrong. Dim, compared to my
flourescents. Probably good for a small area at best. The one thing I did
like about them is they are linkable. Any ideas out there? Bright, and
linkable would be good.... TIA, Mark

To allow the ballast to cool. Most ballasts cannot be mounted directly to
a surface - they need airflow.

--

-Mike-