Posted to rec.woodworking
Highland Pairos[_2_] Highland Pairos[_2_] is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

What is the purpose of the 1" spacer?

SteveP.

"spaco" wrote in message
.. .
But I still didn't want the lamps in the way if I'm standing up an 8 foot
sheet of something, so instead of the chains that hold the fixtures up, I
screwed them right to the ceiling (with a 1" spacer).

This set up works quite well.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

mark wrote:
Greetings All,
I have a basement which has just a couple of 48" flourescents right now.
I need to add more lighting and was looking at replacing the flourescents
with something else brighter. Since the machine layout will be in flux
for a while, ceiling cans are out. Besides, my local code requires
conduit everywhere, and I'm not going thru that for ceiling cans. I was
at the borg and picked up a couple of GE 24" halogen fixtures, thnking
they would be nice and bright. I was dead wrong. Dim, compared to my
flourescents. Probably good for a small area at best. The one thing I did
like about them is they are linkable. Any ideas out there? Bright, and
linkable would be good.... TIA, Mark