Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:22:58 -0500, Ed Edelenbos cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
On Jan 11, 6:55 pm, "Ed Edelenbos" wrote:

Man, I found those *great* $8.99 fixtures at Home Depot and put them up
in
my unheated shop. (Maryland so it's been a bit chilly for a while now.)
The worst $60 I've spent for quite some time. Cold I could deal with...
but cold and flickering lights is a bit stiff.

But isn't the endless buzzzzing kind of relaxing...

If it was a constant 60hz I could probably get used to it. The un-ending
buzz---buzz---buzz--- of attempting to start (on up to 3 fixtures at a
time) combined with the flickering is just downright dangerous with blades
flying around. (grin)

Ed (not ready for "Stumpy" as a nickname)

Man - I can't believe you guys are having these problems with them. I have
none of those problems. Hell - I'm tickled pink with them - far better
than the much more expensive ones I had purchased prior to them.

--

-Mike-