Posted to rec.woodworking
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default kerfing underside of tabletop?

On Jan 11, 7:42*pm, dustyone wrote:
Hello,

I'm in the process of making a table top of curly maple (36x15). *It's
an extra wide board (about 17in), which has about a half inch twist.
Have any of you use a kerfing technique for making the board more
flexible. *I have access to a big jointer, but I'd like not to lose
the thickness.

Thanks.

Curt Blood
Connecticut, USA

I've never personally tried but did see the almighty do it on one of
his shows. He kerfed the board so he could make it flat then filled
the kerf with some type of epoxy. Sorry, I don't remember what kind
of epoxy it was or the show.

If you search through here you may find it
http://www.normstools.com/
or try pinging LRod, he may know what type of epoxy.

I've fixed it by ripping the board then gluing it back together.
Barely noticeable.