Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:51:31 -0600, mark cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

Greetings All,
I have a basement which has just a couple of 48" flourescents right now. I
need to add more lighting and was looking at replacing the flourescents with
something else brighter. Since the machine layout will be in flux for a
while, ceiling cans are out. Besides, my local code requires conduit
everywhere, and I'm not going thru that for ceiling cans. I was at the borg
and picked up a couple of GE 24" halogen fixtures, thnking they would be
nice and bright. I was dead wrong. Dim, compared to my flourescents.
Probably good for a small area at best. The one thing I did like about them
is they are linkable. Any ideas out there? Bright, and linkable would be
good.... TIA, Mark

Where do you live that requires conduit for a simple lighting run in a
basement? What a pain.

I'd just hang some more florescents. You can get different heat ranges
that will provide much better light - just look at the bulbs in your local
Borg.

--

-Mike-