Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Woodpeckers?

Mark & Juanita wrote in
:

My shop has become a target for woodpeckers and I'm fighting having
them
burrowing holes in the siding. This isn't just a small
inconvenience, it is becoming a major damage issue. Has anybody found
something (besides shooting them -- not wanting to try that method to
start) to get rid of them. My folks found the following:
http://www.kabatape.com but it's mighty spendy. I suppose I could
try real electrical fencing to accomplish the same thing by running
the hot and a ground wire in close proximity.

Any experience or ideas would be welcome.

As mentioned, the pecking is eiher to find food or to demonstrate that he
is/has the biggest pecker around. Sort of like the 18-year old cruising
around town in his convertible with the bass turned up WAY high ...

I don't know whether a recording of a woodpecker pecking would chase him
away, but that may make the problem worse too.

--
Best regards
Han