Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vidar Killingmo Vidar Killingmo is offline

Default Strands drill press

wrote:

Since the machine is an antique as well as functional I would like to
maintain as much of the original design as possible. So if anyone has
any experience with this particular manufacturer or model I would
really like to know where to get replacement components. There were
some "Custom" modifications done to the wiring, where the fwd/rev/off
switch was there is now a junction box, so the only options are "On"
or unplugged.

I have used a similar looking drill press from Strands with two
2 speed gearlevers. I was very satisfied with it but have not
much to compare it to.

I am quite sure the original switch on your machine was.
1: low speed
0: off
2: high speed
It had no reverse

I would like to replace this with the original switch
or at least a reasonable facsimile.

A picture may help with the restoration.
http://www.cnc-team.fi/kaytetyt_kone...,%20MPB-54.htm
--
Vidar Killingmo