Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Price Of Lightbulbs

In article
..com, scribeth thus
You must have had a pretty awful CRT monitor on your computer if an LCD
was an improvement.

That's utter nonsense. I've worked as a software engineer since 1982
and have had several dozens of CRT monitors from as many different
manufaturers.. *All* the LCD monitors I've had would have beaten
*any* of the CRT monitors I've ever had. If you are going to tell me
that the top end CRTscan outperform middle ranking LCDs than maybe
they can but so what ? How many people are given top end CRT displays
with their £500 desktop machine ?

If I was asked on the phone by a future employer whether I wanted an
LCD or CRT monitor without having the chance to spec it myself I would
choose the LCD in a heartbeat. Same goes if I was allowed to choose
it on a fixed budget.

Last CRT monitor I bought cost £200 about 10 years ago. It's 15 "
displays 1024x768 at best and 76 Hz (IIRC). My most recent LCD
display cost me £277 last year, it's a 26" diagonal, displays
1920x1200 at 60 Hz and blows away any CRT below £300.

I don't know what planet you're from Dave but you sure ain't from
rould here.

David

LCD's are fine for computer displays but CRT's, good ones, still have
the edge over anything .else for TV pix..
--
Tony Sayer

..