Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie Tim Downie is offline

Default fixing a toilet seat

Peter Scott wrote:

Fact is that standard design for bog seat fittings is rubbish. The
threaded studs that screw into the flat plates always come loose
sooner or later. After a while it become impossible to tighten them
as they corrode, even if you grease them as I do. Yes buy some
replacement sets, with the accent on some. Screwfix and others do
them very cheaply. Just replace as needed. About once a year perhaps.

BTW has anyone come across a better designed replacement fitting.

We got something like this in our new loo.
http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/s...oilet-seat.asp
or
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/architec...LAID=205025556

The hinge design seems massively better that the standard "flap'n'crash'"
toilet seat. No wobbling and the design seems to inhibit the usual
wandering around that loosens ordinary hinges.

Will never fit another DIY shed toilet seat again.

Tim