Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Price Of Lightbulbs

In article
,
wrote:
You must have had a pretty awful CRT monitor on your computer if an LCD
was an improvement.

That's utter nonsense. I've worked as a software engineer since 1982
and have had several dozens of CRT monitors from as many different
manufaturers.. *All* the LCD monitors I've had would have beaten
*any* of the CRT monitors I've ever had. If you are going to tell me
that the top end CRTscan outperform middle ranking LCDs than maybe
they can but so what ? How many people are given top end CRT displays
with their £500 desktop machine ?

If I was asked on the phone by a future employer whether I wanted an
LCD or CRT monitor without having the chance to spec it myself I would
choose the LCD in a heartbeat. Same goes if I was allowed to choose
it on a fixed budget.

Last CRT monitor I bought cost £200 about 10 years ago. It's 15 "
displays 1024x768 at best and 76 Hz (IIRC). My most recent LCD
display cost me £277 last year, it's a 26" diagonal, displays
1920x1200 at 60 Hz and blows away any CRT below £300.

I don't know what planet you're from Dave but you sure ain't from
rould here.

You must be one of the colour blind males mentioned elsewhere.

--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.