Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugo Nebula Hugo Nebula is offline

Default Rural broadband speeds

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:29:34 +0000, a certain chimpanzee, TheOldFellow
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

The point is that even if we wished to pay more to get the same service
as the poor townies, granting that the costs are higher, we can't 'cos
the infrastructure can't support it.

I live in a suburb of one of the 'core cities'; we have high crime
levels and the insurance premiums to prove it; I live less than a mile
from a motorway junction yet it takes ten minutes to get onto it in
the mornings; the bus takes forty minutes to get into the city centre.
On top of that, my broadband connection struggles to get 2Mbps. It
sounds like I need to move to the countryside to get better
communications and a lower cost of living.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed"?