Posted to uk.d-i-y
comp.zrch.embedded comp.zrch.embedded is offline

Default Boiler

On 12 Jan, 10:26, "Micky Savage" wrote:
Hi All,

My boiler has started to loose pressure. The pressure dial reads zero in the
morning. I fix it but it is at zero again by lunch time. I have noticed that
water is now dripping from the overflow pipe outside.
What's going on any help please?

Kind Regards

Micky.

sounds like either the pressure relief valve that connects to the
overflow pipe has failed, or the expansion vessel. When the heating is
working how high does the pressure gauge go to. If it goes above about
2.5 the expansion vessel has possible failed. In this case the
pressure relief valve lets out the over pressure water. When the
system goes cold pressure drops and then is to low to restart.