Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default TV Mounting onto plasterboard walls ?

Phil L wrote:

Your speakers were 8kg? - his telly is 12kg and will probably get handled
a lot more than hi-fi speakers, cleaning, adjustments etc.

Yes, but he has 4 screws for the TV and I had 2 screws for each 8Kg speaker.

Obviously it would be wise to confirm that the bracket feels secure enough
before entrusting it to the full load. If repeated handling has any effect
then it's likely to show up as a gradual loosening in time to take remedial
action. I think it's extremely unlikely that it would lead to catastrophic
failure.

--
Mike Clarke