Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Dunsley/Baker neutraliser

On 12 Jan, 00:22, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

Does anyone have practical experience of fitting one.

I have been trepidating over ordering a log burner with CH boiler
basically because I suspect the coil on my existing hot tank is too low
for either version of the neutraliser to work under gravity alone.

Raising the tank is not very practical as it would then bulge into the
loft. A second hot tank could be installed but with what benefit?

As a sideways step I have ordered a log burner which can have a CH boiler
retro-fitted while I seek counsel:-)

regards
--
Tim Lamb

They are a total and utter waste of expensive time. *Get a heat bank
/thermal store which does the same, a neutral point, but far more.

For explanation:http://www.heatweb.com

These do bespoke stainless steel versions.http://www.advanceappliances.co..uk/...e_systems.html

Yes,DD, you're probably right, but 20+ years ago the concept of
heatbanks wasn't universal and this was the accepted solution AFAIK.
It works for me. BUT, and this may well be relevent to the OP too,
the problem is the lack of head generally in small older properties to
drive hot water at a useable pressure.

I have been looking at converting my system to a heatbank
configuration, as the electric shower is only just acceptable in the
winter and the extending mixer tap in the kitchen is a joke, all
because this is a single storey farm cottage.

Rob