Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default I'd like some exciting drill bits

In article
nternetservicesprovide
inc,
"Don Young" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote in
:

Home Repair Dude wrote:
I'd like some exciting drill bits.
All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont
want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job.
Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even
exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)

Get some triangle bits. They drill triangle holes.

Sounds as goofy as drilling square holes. Square holes are easily drilled
in wood.

Sounds goofy but there is actually a drill system which will drill
triangular or square holes in metal. It uses a guide and a bit with one
flute less than the number of sides desired. Can't think of the name of it
right now. A hand-held regular drill bit will sometimes drill a somewhat
triangular hole that the round shank will not pass thru, especially in thin
metal.

Yer right, it does sound goofy. I guess you don't have a link since you
can't scare up the name of it.