Dave Plowman

Default Competent person?

In article ,
Wanderer wrote:
When I see something like 'Can anyone recommend a good book to help me
instal a new twin plug', then it's fairly obvious to me that person
should not be doing that work.

Hmm. A nurse may give an injection without really understanding the
mechanism whereby the drug works. The important thing is to know how to
give the injection safely, and to check the dose against instructions.

Much of the more simple electrical tasks round the house fall into this
camp - follow the rules and you'll be ok. Of course, if you're working on
an already faulty installation, good workmanship by you won't cure it.

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn